Used Car Centre Plymouth
Basic salary of £15,630 to £21,744 (age related pay), pension, critical illness pay, life assurance, 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, exclusive company discounts on used car purchases, leasing deals and aftersales services
*Applications will be reviewed in the new year and the recruiter will be in touch to update on progress of your application.
Are you a level 3 qualified college student who is looking to fast track their career to be a Vehicle Technician in a franchised dealer environment, with the opportunity to work for one of the largest automotive groups in the UK?
Our long standing, well known and recognised Evans Halshaw is performing amazingly and we are now looking to recruit our next talent. As one of our future Technicians you will have the opportunity to be mentored by the ‘best of the best’ Evans Halshaw trained Vehicle Technicians and have the opportunity to work with an experienced franchise Service Leader. You will benefit from manufacturer training, a great atmosphere and plenty of support, learning and work to keep you busy and productive!
We are welcoming applications from level 3 qualified students who have aspirations, a willingness to learn and the drive to become a fully qualified Vehicle Technician within 6 to 18 months. You will be provided with all the support, tools, guidance and training needed to make this happen.
What you can expect from this role and programme:
· A dedicated mentor who you will be working with and shadowing on a daily basis to hone your skills
· An in-depth practical assessment programme to work through with your mentor, with regular weekly, monthly and half yearly check ins to monitor your progress
· You’ll be utilising your mechanical knowledge and training with the support from your mentor to carry out repairs and maintenance on customer vehicles, including clutch replacement and cam belt replacement
· Within the year you’ll be aiming to effectively and productively be able to service and maintain customer vehicles from brake pads and tyres to oil and filter checks
What will you need to succeed in the role:
· A thirst for learning, you’ll be like a sponge wanting to take in and learn all the skills required to be a Vehicle Technician by working with your mentor on a daily basis
· You’ll be highly motivated with a great attitude to succeed
· You’ll be highly organised and have the ability to work to assessment deadlines and agreed workloads
· You’ll be a good communicator who has aspirations to work in a team environment
· You’ll demonstrate capability and confidence in using equipment within a workshop environment
Here at Pendragon, together, we’re unstoppable. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture, and it’s the power of our group coming together that unlocks our potential to transform automotive retail. We thrive in a fast-paced environment where the doors are open, if you have the attitude and drive to walk through them. We’ll empower you with the opportunities to bring out the best in yourself, and in return you’ll support and bring out the best in others. If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, then apply today and join our journey in driving beyond the possible.
Pendragon recognises the value that diversity brings to the workforce. This is why we positively welcome applications from all walks of life, backgrounds, and communities. If you have the motivation, skills and talent potential that we are looking for then get in touch. We are an equal opportunities employer.